2/01/2009

Partisan?

A while back, a reader described my outlook as "partisan." He seemed pretty convinced that is a terrible perspective on politics. Partisan is a word that I only find used in fairly low-brow environments, so I wasn't familiar enough with the definition to be able to defend myself. So, I ignored the comment. But, like popcorn and other objectionable things that stick in your teeth, that word stuck in my mind. So, I looked it up.

Webster's defines the word as follows:
1: a firm adherent to a party, faction, cause, or person ; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance2 a: a member of a body of detached light troops making forays and harassing an enemy b: a member of a guerrilla band operating within enemy lines.

Huh?

Me?

I couldn't be less of an "adherent to a party, faction, cause, or person." I know that my constant ranting and general repulsion of everything Republican might seem like an endorsement of their opponents. That is a logical fallacy. I have never been a fan of the theory "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

First, it's true that the most positive emotion I can give to any Republican is pity. I pity working class people who think that the Republican Party gives a flying damn about any aspect of their life. That's the best I can offer. Many of the folks I know who fancy Republican candidates are solely interested in preserving their anticipated (or already received) inheritance. To those folks, the best I can offer is my disgust. You simpering, worthless, underserving . . . you get the picture? I'd be hard pressed to think of a reason not to jetison the inherited wealthy into the oceans. Thow them all into a giant clown cannon and shoot them into the seas.

Now for the rank and file of the Republican Party. They are all, everyone of them, crooks. I wouldn't trust a Republican candidate with a butter knife. For 28 years, they have raped and pillaged the nation of everything worth admiring. Their whole reason for being is to steal as many of the nation's assets as possible. They are, simply, traitors.

Now, for the opposition; mostly Democrats. They are a pitiful excuse for democrats. They are better than Republicans, but not as good as the Green, Independence Party, Labor Party, American Reform Party, and, occasionally, Libertarian politicians. Whenever the Democrats give me a marginal option, I opt to vote for any of the alternative parties. If that's your definition of "partisan," you need to adopt English as a Second Language. In fact, I'd guess you are a moron.

No comments: