When I started The Rat’s Eye View in 1, I had a mission. That mission shifted on me more than a few times. Looking through the pages of that seldom read website, I found a few things I decided I want to continue in some fashion, like my Links:
- Don Lancaster's Incredible Secret Money Machine Lancaster and his book, The Incredible Secret Money Machine, are benchmarks in the available information for small business owners. Lancaster was a hero of mine at the beginning of my technical career for his Cookbook Series with Sam's Electronic Books. The Secret Money Machine just solidified his value to me. Harvard and the other MBA-clone manufacturing sites are decades behind what Lancaster told us 30 years ago.
- Dr. Zimmerman's Tuesday Tips Not always useful, but often, at least, interesting.
- BBC NEWS | Programmes/Newsnight For what's left of English-speaking MSM news, the BBC is it. This international news source is not available anywhere in the US, other than through the Internet. Not on a cable channel, not anywhere. That is freakin' scary, since the Brits are supposed to be one of our few actual remaining allies.
- Arabesque: 9/11 Truth It's hard to find anything remotely honest about the events leading to the Saudi attacks on New York and Washington D.C. and even harder to find real information about the cover-up that followed, but this site provides the kind of information that a real national media would be all over if the media wasn't part of the problem.
- Brill's Content (commentary and criticism on the media, this is a lot more interesting than it sounds)
- Capital Hill Blue Doug is inconsistently good, but always informative. This website has probably broken more major Washington stories than all of the other news sources in the nation.
- Common Dreams - "Breaking News and Views for the Progressive Community"; enough said.
- Jim Hightower - America's #1 Populist One of G.W.'s first political victims. Hightower is, possibly, the sole reason why Texas should be allowed to remain in the Union when the revolution comes.
- Michael Moore Yeah, that Michael Moore. Inconsistent, but often courageous. What more do you expect from your news?
- t r u t h o u t News Politics One of the only actual news sources left in these United States. t r u t h o u t is an incredible source of news, opinion, and facts that the MSM chooses to ignore because they don't promote the corporate fascist point of view. The fact that so much of what is found on this website never makes it to the news is a national embarassment.
- Think Progress Another great investigative news source.
- Yahoo/IOpEd Richard Reeves Editorials (Richard is a radical progressive who writes what he sees.)
- Yahoo/IOpEd Ted Rall Editorials (Rall is another radical progressive who's mother must be really concerned for his health in this "conservative," right-wing, neo-Nazi political environment.)
- Beyond Oil It isn't being regularly maintained, but Kenneth Deffeyes' website (intended to promote his book, Beyond Oil) is often a source of useful insight regarding current events and their relationship to energy.
- Craig's Minneapolis List Craig's List is destroying the profit margins of MSM newspapers all across the nation. Good for them.
- H. L. Mencken - Quotes and Quotations This is a fine source of what never fails to be ageless wisdom.
- Mr. Cranky, the ultimate movie reviewer (a man after my own heart)
- The Frank Church Papers The man who actually ended the Vietnam War by removing Nixon's access to money. An American hero.
- The Recycler (a Southern California classic, a place to buy anything)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Everything you need to know about most things.